THE ASSOCIATION OF TURKISH CYPRIOT CARTOONISTS [FECO – CYPRUS) EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN UNIVERSITY [EMU] ENGINEERING FACULTY EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN UNIVERSITY [EMU] CARICATURE AND HUMOUR CLUB
1. Regardless of religion, language and race, this competition is open to all amateur and professional caricature artists or anyone who can draw cartoons.
3. Pieces of work to be sent for the competition should have the form of a cartoon. Pictures and illustrations will not be accepted.
4. Cartoons to be sent for the competition should be in digital format.
The Sizes of the Cartoons should be either A4 or A3 with a minimum 100 and maximum 300 dpi. Both color or black & white are acceptable.
Name, surname, address, phone number and e-mail address of each participant should be indicated. Cartoons submitted for the competition should not contain any script – writing on them.
5. A person can not be given more than one award.
6. Before they are presented for the Selection Committee members’ evaluation, all cartoons submitted for the competition will be exhibited on a website formed with the aim of bringing submitted pieces of work to the attention and objection of all cartoon artists, cartoonists’ organizations and any other international organizations formed against similar – imitated – stolen cartoons.
If a submitted piece of work is found to be similar, imitated or stolen, it will be disqualified from the competition.
7. Each participant may join the competition with two cartoons at most. Along with the cartoons, a short biography in the Microsoft Word format [.doc] including name, surname, address, phone number and e-mail information and a recent photo of the applicant in the “.jpg” format should be submitted.
8. All submitted cartoons will be archived at “Cyprus International Cartoon Museum” to be formed by the Association of Turkish Cypriot Cartoonists (FECO – CYPRUS) regardless of the fact that they receive an award or not.
9. All cartoons submitted for the competition may be printed, duplicated or published on cards, posters, albums, newspapers, magazines, books and CDs by FECO – CYPRUS.
By submitting cartoons for the competition, the participants fully understand and agrees with the terms of the competition. Participants also agree to the future duplication, printing or publishing of materials relating to this competition without any financial compensation.
10. Results of the competition, as well as the selection committee decisions, will be released to the cartoonists who have qualified to receive awards, all participants and press.
11. Cartoons should be sent to the specified e-mail address by 20 March 2012. tc "5-Yarışmaya en fazla 3 eser ile katılmak mümkündür... Gönderilecek eserlerin arkasına isim ve adres yazılmalı, kısa özgeçmiş ve bir adet fotoğraf gönderilmelidir... Arzu eden çizerler, telefon, fax, e-mail adreslerini de yazabilirler..."
12. Works of art sent for this competition will not be used in any other different event serving for any other purpose than this competition. However, Eastern Mediterranean University reserves the right to use these caricatures for non-profit educational activities or events.
13. Should the cartoonists who have won awards in this competition wish to attend the award ceremony and the exhibition, they undertake all transportation expenses.
Accommodation and any other related expenses will be covered by EMU.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 20 March 2012
ADDRESS FOR APPLICATIONS:
- First Place Award: 1000 USD + Plaque.
- Second Place Award: 500 USD + Plaque.
- Third Place Award: 300 USD + Plaque Special Awards [Plaque].
EXHIBITION: The exhibition will be inaugurated at EMU Library Exhibition Hall, Famagusta – Cyprus on 20 April 2012.
WEBSITE – URL:
SPONSOR: Gökçe Medical [Sıtkı Gökçe]
- Hasan Amca [EMU Faculty of Engineering Dean].
- Hüseyin Çakmak [FECO – CYPRUS Chair].
- Ulaş Gökçe [Representing Ramiz Gökçe Family].
- Dudu Cumaoğulları [Famagusta Cultural Association Vice Chair].
- Özgür Kofalı [EMU Cartoon and Humour Club].
- Mehdi Sadeghi [EMU Cartoon and Humour Club].
- Musa Kayra [Chair, Association of Turkish Cypriot Cartoonists].
- M. Serhan Gazioğlu [General Secretary, Association of Turkish Cypriot Cartoonists].
- Arif A. Albayrak [Executive Board Member, Association of Turkish Cypriot Cartoonists].
- Mustafa Tozakı [Executive Board Member, Association of Turkish Cypriot Cartoonists].
- Cemal Tunceri [Executive Board Member, Association of Turkish Cypriot Cartoonists].